Dry ice blasting cleans without damaging active electrical parts.
Dry Ice Blasting | Surface Preparation
Dry ice blasting is the process of utilizing soft dry ice accelerated at supersonic speeds to provide a non-abrasive, non-flammable and non-conductive method of cleaning and surface preparation.
Dry ice blasting has many unique and superior benefits over traditional blasting media.
- Contains no secondary contaminants such as solvents or grit media
- Approved for food industry
- Can be used without damaging active electrical or mechanical parts or creating fire hazards
- Wide range of pressures: Can be as gentle as dusting smoke damage from books or as aggressive as removing weld slag from tooling
Dry ice blasting can be used in a wide range of cleaning situations including:
- Removing production residues, release agents, contaminants, lead paints, oils and biofilms
- Can be used for many general cleaning applications
- Machines, equipment, manufacturing lines, etc. can be cleaned in place with no disassemble/reassembly required, which means much less downtime
- Food Industry: It has been specifically approved by the FDA, the EPA and the USDA for use in the food industry
- Restoration cleaning
- Indoor cleaning in non-water applications
Click here to see our dry ice blasting demonstrations
For more information on how dry ice blasting could benefit your specific situation, call us at 1-800-371-3479.